Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Why Integrate Technology into the Curriculum?
The article I chose to write about was found on the site eutopia. The article talks about integrating technology into curriculum. Throughout this article there was some really great points made. First of all when we think of technology in classroom it is more than learning how to type or use a power point. Technology in the classroom is so much more these days. It involves using technology in a new way never used before. The article talks about four key components of learning with technology. They are active engagement, participation in groups, frequent interaction and feedback. Theses are all really important. With technology we can find a way to get kids who before the use of technology never really got engaged with the lesson. Now with technology we can get to more kids. Another reason that technology is important in the classroom is because it gives a modern snapshot of what the work office looks like today. I really found this to be a great point, because technology is not going anywhere. The best way to prepare are students for the future is to teach them tools they will actually use in the workplace. If we ignore that technology is becoming a big part of life, we are giving a disservice to our students. As much as some people may not like the use of technology in classrooms, its a reality that they must get used to it. The last point I really liked in the article was when it talked about how if technology is used right it can turn teachers into more of an adviser or a coach. Technology can allow students to come to more conclusions and answers on their own. While technology can and never should replace teachers. I think we can use it a really great tool to help our students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's a great idea to teach kids to use technology to prepare them for the future. It is true that technology is not going anywhere, so why not teach kids how to use it? It's almost a no brainer.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the mention of the four key components of learning with technology. I know there is great importance in each of the four listed, but the one I find the most important is active engagement. I like how you discussed learning to use technology in the manner it will be used in the workplace. I feel that the technologies we are being exposed to in this class are a great example learning how to use technology for future careers. Thank you for your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteOut of the four key components the one that I feel that is the most often neglected is feedback. I think that technology is going to make it easier to give more frequent and accurate feedback.
ReplyDelete