Monday, September 3, 2012
Student Friendly Objectives Using Technology
In the article Bill Ferriter talks about writing student friendly objectives. One of the main points he touched on was that so many times students don't actually understand the objectives. When you look at state standards objectives it is even hard for teachers to understand them sometiems So Ferriter went on a mission to figure out how to write student friendly objectives. Now the question is can we incorporate technology when writing a student friendly objective? Well I think we absolutely can. First of all, we must use all the resources to find ways to make things simpler. There are many sites on the web that can help us do this. Such as how we read Ferriter blogs on student friendly objectives. Next I think it is important that the parents know what the objectives are in the classroom. So maybe by sending out emails to parents or papers home on the objectives we can help parents understand. If the parents understand they may be able to help their child understand. We than need to post the objectives in the classroom daily. As a teacher it is important we go over it with our students to make sure they understand. To make sure they understand the objective we can ask them questions. At the end of the day it is important to go back over the objectives with the students so they know that they conquered the objectives of the days. We can also use sites like Edmodo to post objectives. There are many ways of using technology to help our students with objectives, we just have to make sure we actually use them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Emma, this was a good reflection article. One point you made that I liked was that it is important to review the goals a second time at the end of the day. I think that this is an effective and quick way to assess whether students conquered the daily goals or not. This also highlights to students what objectives they need to work on outside of class. Another point you made that I agree with is parent involvement. Specific goals should be stated to students in a way that parents can also understand so they can become involved in a student's studies at home if extra help is needed. I agree that Emodo would be a great way to post these objectives online for parents and students to check for understanding and progress.
ReplyDeleteLove your points! I agree that these websites are a great to keep everyone connected.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a great idea to send out emails to parents and students so they can stay informed about what is going on or what is coming up. I also think you made a great point about going back over the objectives at the end of the day to make sure that everything was covered and understood.
ReplyDelete